There is no water flow from the hand piece and/or the hand piece works intermittently (runs at first then stops).
- Check and make sure the water line is correctly installed inside the pump housing, verify the tubing is intact and there are no leaks.
- Verify that the unit was flushed prior to usage, remove tip and select “Flush” function from the home screen and flush hand piece until there is a consistent flow of water. Install tip and retry.
- Disconnect the hand piece from the unit and check the gold connector rods: there should be no moisture present; if there is, use gauze to remove all moisture from rods, then reconnect and retry.
- Check and make sure the tip was installed correctly on to the hand piece: three full turns with the torque wrench after hand tightening.
- If the hand piece is still not running correctly, remove the tip and install a brand new tip and retry.
- If steps a through e, do not rectify the issue, you should then install a new tip on to a new hand piece and try it again. If both hand pieces are experiencing issues then please contact a Dowell Dental Products PiezoArt Service representative toll free at: (877) 373-8904. We are available Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm PST
The water pump is not running.
- Verify the pump is running: open the pump housing, remove the water line and check that the pump is indeed working (by choosing the flush function from the home screen).
- From the home screen, choose” pump offset” and increase the setting by 10%; reconnect and retry.c. If steps a and b do not rectify the issue, please contact a Dowell Dental Products PiezoArt Service representative toll free at: (877) 373-8904. We are available Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm PST.
The wireless foot pedal does not work/ works intermittently.
- Make sure the black plastic o-ring (sandwiched between the top and bottom portions) is removed from the pedal.
- The foot pedal does require a standard 9 volt battery for its wireless capabilities. Access to the battery will require a small size Phillips head screwdriver and removal of three screws located on the bottom side of the pedal (opposite of the purple top). Check and make sure the battery is fresh.
- Connect the included foot pedal cord into the pedal and into the back of your PiezoArt Surgery unit.
- If steps a through c do not rectify the issue, please contact a Dowell Dental Products PiezoArt Service representative toll free at: (877) 373-8904. We are available Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm PST.
How long does each insert tip last/ how many uses will I get out of tips from Dowell Dental Products?
- Each and every PiezoArt Surgical Insert tip is manufactured with surgical stainless steel; all tip designs are thoroughly researched and consulted upon prior to production. The number of uses per tip is dependent upon your patients’ mean bone density and your personal method of operation; however, based on the feedback received from our dentists, most tips last roughly eight to ten procedures before a significant difference in efficiency is detected.
I am finished with my surgery, how should I sterilize?
- After the procedure is complete, you must flush out the remaining saline from the hand piece via the flush function location on the home screen. Remove the tip from the hand piece, grab any kind of container or cup and fill with distilled water, insert the spike into the source and run the flush function. Flushing the hand piece for the full cycle will maximize hand piece longevity and is required.
- After flushing the hand piece, disconnect the irrigation tubing from the water line (the thin line attached to the hand piece), place the irrigation line separate from the hand piece, and steam autoclave (up to 320C) ONLY. You do not need to remove any other components prior to sterilization.
- Do not sterilize unused tips; any tips not to be used during the procedure should be kept in a sterile location and separate from the used ones. Sterilizing unused tips will decrease their lifespan.
I can visually see a crack on my insert tip, but it is still very sharp, is it safe to proceed and utilize it for my procedure?
- NO. Anytime a defect or crack with any PiezoArt insert tip is visible, stop usage of the tip immediately. Cracks or defects on the tip (especially on the neck portion of the tip) will cause it to vibrate incorrectly, therefore generating excessive heat and expediential risk for both the surgeon and patient. Additionally, it may damage the hand piece AND void the warranty.
Can I use other brands’ Piezo Surgery insert tips on my PiezoArt unit? (or vice versa)
- Dowell Dental Products does not guarantee any sort of warranty (either expressly written or implied) in regards to using other manufacturers Piezo Surgery tips on our PiezoArt Surgery Unit. Using other tips from other manufacturers will be done so at your own risk and Dowell Dental Products will not be held liable for any damage resulting from such action.
- Dowell Dental Products’ PiezoArt Surgery Unit’s insert tips ARE compatible with certain manufacturers Piezo Surgery Units, and there may be a discount available for dentists who own certain brands. Please contact a Dowell Dental Products PiezoArt Service representative toll free at: (877) 373 -8904 for more information. We are available Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:00pm PST.
ACE ConFORM™ Membrane
ZERO Memory, Memorable Handling.
ConForm™ Membrane, (like RCM6®) is Type I bovine collagen. Its zero memory characteristics allow it to conform to any surgical defect when it becomes hydrated.
- Adapts and adheres effortlessly to surgical site
- Guides healing of bone and soft tissue
- Predictable resorbtion time
- Ridge Augmentation
- Bone Regeneration around Implants
- Extraction Sites
- Periodontal Defects
- Sinus Window 509-1520 ConFORM Membrane, 15x20mm
509-2030 ConFORM Membrane, 20x30mm
509-3040 ConFORM Membrane, 30x40mm